Monday, March 7, 2016

Security BSides Orlando & Tampa 2016

Well, here we are in 2016.

This year I am working on speaking at several upcoming conferences.  Two are coming up this month and next:  BSides Orlando and BSides Tampa.


Security BSides Orlando 2016 will be held the weekend of March 12-13, just before SANS Orlando.  This is the 4th year of the conference, and the conference again returns to the University of Central Florida, but in a different building from last year.

I will be giving a 2 hour workshop on various security standards, frameworks, and regulations such as NIST CSF, ISO/IEC 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS and more.  I will be posting here a list of the recommended sources of info, training, etc for this presentation.



Security BSides Tampa 2016 will be held on Saturday, April 16 at Stetson College of Law – Tampa Campus.  This is the third year of the conference and my first time attending.  I will be giving a presentation on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework on its second year of existence.  I have something special in regards to this presentation which I will review later.

I took forward to both conference.  If you have never been to a BSides Conference, check to see if there is one coming up in your general area.  Just in Florida we have 3, tho I'd love to see one start here in South Florida.

As I learn about the other conferences I have submitted proposals to, I'll post them here.


No comments:

Post a Comment